UWA is a unique concept kind of football academies. We make sure that the methods used in our partner clubs are combined with the local habits, levels and culture. Like this we want to cross contaminate our players with football influences from all over the world.
We are delighted to open the applications for the Sports For Development program organized by the United World Academy in partnership with the International Trade Centre (ITC).
#SportsForDevelopment is an exciting 5 month program, with both virtual and in-person sessions which will help you closely discover the world of entrepreneurship in the Sport industry, improve your technical and soft skills, expand your professional network, and open to numerous opportunities in sports entrepreneurship.
United World Academy and ITC will select up to 300 participants from Iraq, distinguished by their passion for sport, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Sports For Development will provide virtual training sessions with expert speakers, as well as an intensive in-person and hands-on experience to help the participants expand their understanding and enhance their team work spirit and coalition-building skills through sport.
During this program, beneficiaries will be empowered to work in teams on a project related to sport, which will have a local and global positive impact.
Participants will then present their projects in front of members of the jury who will eventually select a project to partner closely.
P.S: Participants must have the willingness to implement their projects in their communities.
– Good oral and written English knowledge.
– Motivation to develop your leadership skills and give back to your local community.
– Availability to attend all online and in person sessions of the program (from March 2022 until June 2022).
– Failure to attend without a valid excuse might lead to disqualification from the program.
– Readiness and willingness to implement an impactful project in your community as part of your participation in the program.
Before you apply, please make sure that you can commit to the entire duration of the program:
Timeline of the program (specific dates to be communicated later):
– Online training sessions on ZOOM: March, 2022 – April, 2022 (2 months, once or twice a week, 2 hours per day).
– In person sessions in: April 2022.
– Projects’ development, mentorship and presentation: May, 2022.
We are looking forward to reading your application!